Sunday, July 22, 2012

Disney Love

As I mentioned before, I had a BLAST on our Disney trip last year.  So much so that my newest hobby is stalking Disney blogs and rereading our unofficial guide.  Of course, Disney is very expensive so I doubt that we will be going back to Disney anytime soon, BUT when and if we do, I have some things that I will definitely repeat and some things that I will not do again. 

General
I will:
  • Stay on resort property- you can't beat the convenience.
  • Use Disney's Magical Express if we fly (again-convenience)
  • Eat at least 2 sit-down dinners in Disney and make advance reservations for at least one (I want to ease into the ADR system because we really don't focus much on food when we are there)

  • Get there before park opening- this helped a ton with managing crowds
  • Use a touring plan
  • Experience the evening shows
  • Go to Animal Kingdom this time.

I won't:
  • Buy a dining plan (unless it is a free special)- we just don't eat enough to justify it.
  • Get a room by the swimming pool.  It was so loud!  Even after quiet hours.

Magic Kingdom
I will:
  • Try to do a better job about experiencing Main Street this trip
  • Try to be at the front of Cinderella's Castle for Wishes
  • Possibly spend a park-hopper morning to take-in some of lesser attended attractions such as Tom Sawyer's Island
  • Experience the new Fantasy Land- so excited!

I won't:
  • Get on Carousal of Progress (I know this is a favorite of so many, but it got stuck for about 15 minutes on us, smelled musty, and was just outdated..I can totally skip this.)
  • Get on Stitch's Great Escape.  It was horrible.  No thank you.

Epcot
I will:
  • Spend more  time exploring the different countries.  We plan to spend a day and a half at Epcot next time.  I want to ride all of the rides, but I also want to savor the countries.  
  • Eat at the countries.  I love the unique food and dining experience.
  • Visit during the Flower and Garden Festival if we can.  It was so pretty.
  • I will hit some of the minor attractions in Epcot such as Ellen's Energy Adventure, Journey into the Imagination, etc.  I just want to see what they are like.
  • Ride Sum of All Thrills.

There is really nothing about Epcot I wouldn't do again!

Hollywood Studios
I will:
  • Go to the Sci Fi Drive in this time.  I love that place!  It is just so fun!
  • See Beauty and the Beast.  I was so disappointed we missed it.
  • Take the Art of Animation tour.  I think it would be interesting.

Again, nothing at Hollywood Studios I would change.  It was great!

What are your must do's?  What do you dislike? 


No comments:

Post a Comment