Saturday, July 14, 2012

Father's Day 2012

With the recent successful completion of my master's degree (CAN I HEAR A HALLELUJAH!), I have time to pursue other interests.  I have happily ecstatically resumed domestic and teaching pursuit such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, blogging, crafting, exercising, and planning to have the best sixth year of teaching any teacher has every has had.  (Sidenote: Where has six years gone?? wow!)  I also am hoping to put in a garden, begin micromanaging our budget again, and couponing.  I hope I am not taking on too much.  ;-)

Over Father's Day we were extremely blessed to have my family come down and visit us.  I love when they come to see us!  It is so exciting to have them in our home and be able to entertain them.  We had such a fun weekend together sightseeing and celebrating Father's Day with my daddy.

We started our day with the New Orleans Standard, Cafe Du Monde.  :-)






 We then drove to LaPlace where our personal favorite swamp tour is, Cajun Pride Swamp Tour.  JK and I have done it twice and have had an excellent experience both times.  They feed the alligators marshmallows and raw chicken.  It is REALLY neat to see them jump out of the water for the chicken.  We also got to see a whole family of raccoons this time.  They were SO cute. 
See the Raccoons??



The whole family with our tour guide.  He is awesome!


We ate at Middendorf's by dad's request, and then spent the rest of the day riding the streetcar, exploring the quarter, and walking on the Riverwalk.  Justin and I don't go to the quarter often, so it was fun to explore.  We found where mom and dad honeymooned and found a really NEAT used bookstore that was there when they where on their honeymoon.  Justin and I both bought books and we are planning to go back really soon. 



Mom and Dad outside the Bienville House, where they Honeymooned!

We had such an awesome time with them coming into town.  Can't wait for their next trip to NOLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment